Buying and Selling Property are huge steps in a persons life- We want to make this process as easy and as comfortable as we can for you. Please take this time to read the information below to help you understand the steps it takes to make a smooth transaction.
BUYERS- When thinking about purchasing a Piece of Real Estate
1) Find a Real Estate Company that your comfortable with.
2) Sit down w/ agent and look over all Agency disclosures- Buyers Agency, Exclusive Buyers Agreement and Duel Agency forms.
3) Now lets get you Pre Approved.
4) Time to search for that home or piece of Property . At this time you will go over with agent what your price range is and what your needs are.
5) Lets go view the properties.
6) Found the right Property- Let's make an offer!
7) Buyers Agent helps you determine what price to offer after viewing what has sold in the area with in the last 6 months.
8) Agent helps you decide on what inspections to have and the amount of the deposit to put down and a closing date.
9) Negotiation starts when buyers Agent presents offer to Sellers Agent.
10) Offers Accepted- Submit Loan application for Approval and set up all inspections w/ a Certified Home Inspector.
11) Need to find an Insurance Co., call the utility companies, get address changed for forwarding mail.
12) Day of Closing- most of the time you do the walk- through this day or a day or 2 before to make sure home is in broom swept condition.
13) Have Id with you, sign all the paperwork, get your keys (if available) -You are now a new Property Owner! Congratulations.....
SELLERS- When thinking about selling your piece of Real Estate
1) Call a Real Estate Company or two to come out and do a Free Market Analysis (CMA) on your home. This CMA should be Free to the Seller.
2) Choose the Agency that you feel most comfortable with and go over Agency Disclosures- What our duties are to the Seller.
3) Time to go over your home info- what needs to be done to your home to get you the most money in this market.
4) List Home with Agent- fill out property disclosures, take pictures and measurments, put sign up and get the lisitng in the MLS with in 2 days.
5) Wait for an offer- If home is priced right it should not take long. When an offer is accepted a closing can happen w/ in a 6 week period.
6) Offer is Presented- Do you accept or counter- Listing agent will go over offer with you and give you her/his professional opinion.
7) You Accept offer- at this time you need to wait till all inspections are completed and Appraisal has been done before packing anything.
8) Seller gets confirmation that all contingencies have been met, start packing, Cancel Utilites for day of closing, have mail forwarded.
9) Closing time...Bring your ID's with you, sign Hud Statement, Deed and collect your check!! Congratulations...